Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you take care of irritating skin?

my skin sometimes get a little flaky, dry, and red in colour. what should i do? lotion isn't helping at the moment. and please, no stupid answers. i'm already upset that my skin can get this way so i don't need anything else to ruin my day even more.How do you take care of irritating skin?
Well, hopefully this will help but I don't know if it's your whole body or just a parts of skin that is causing problems. But anyways. I had a dry patch on my face that was always flaky. It would itch too, the more I scratched it would get worse, and I was really fearing that I was going to cause a scar cuz I was scratching so much that I was actually discoloring my skin. I tried lotion to but it barely worked. The number one thing I had to do was stop scratching it and let it heal and also I rubbed vitamin E Oil on it and then I applied Aquaphor (it's like vasoline). I would also use Aveeno products, they can be pricey but this brand is good for people with skin problems like severe dry skin or eczema. Hope it works for you.How do you take care of irritating skin?
It sounds like psoriasis. Go to webmd and read about it.
go to the doctor they will give u this special cream
plenty of fluids adds moisture to your skin. if lotion doesn't help better avoid it. avoid scratching as it aggreviate the itch more. try applying vit.E
There's a 0.5 steroid cream called hydroval (i use it) and it gets rid of skin irratations.. It's the weakest steroid crem there is (its over the counter.. found at shoppers.. and probably other dug stores) .. anything stronger thins the skin.. But a doctor would know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin