Saturday, November 28, 2009

I am 33 years old and I am starting to see signs of aging what is the best skin care line for my age group and

The skin care you use will depend on your age and your skin type. I recommend you read a book by dermatologist Leslie Baumann called Skin Type Solutions. You can buy it online or at any book store or get it at your local library. She also has a website but you won't get the information you need unless you read the book. I've read over 50 books on skincare and her book gives the most practical advice. She tells you what really works. She recommends drugstore products and higher end products that really do work depending on what you can afford. I wish I would have found her book years ago. I wouldn't have wasted so much money on skincare that doesn't work. There is so much hype and exaggerated claims in the skincare industry. Most before and after pictures are fake. It's a billion dollar industry. They'll tell you anything to get you to buy their product. Theres no federal regulation on cosmeceuticals like there is for food or medications.





I'm 42 and I had alot of sun damage from tanning beds and from smoking for many years. My skin looks beautiful now. I've spent thousands of dollars and many hours researching what really works. My pores are smaller my skin texture is refined, my skin discoloration is gone and my fine lines and wrinkles are much improved.( most are gone). I look 10 to 15 years younger than I really am.


This is what really works for me:





Morning routine:





Cleanse with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Cleanser, DHC Cleansing Oil or any Olay or Neutrogena cleanser.


It's not as important to spend as much money on cleansers because they are on your skin for such a short period of time. Just buy one for your skin type that doesn't make your skin feel tight and dry after cleansing. You don't want to strip your skin and mess with the PH.





Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum. Antioxidant


This is the most expensive product in my regimen.


There are other less expensive products similar to this. Leslie Baumanns book will tell you whats comparable in a drug store version if you can't afford the Skinceuticals products.





Next I use a moisturizer. I use a few different ones. Right now I'm using Perricones Face Finishing Moisturizer or Atopalm or Dr Michelle Copelands AHA Face Cream. There ae many great drug store versions I use also like Olay Regenerist and Olay Definity if you suffer from skin discoloration. Neutrogena and Aveeno have good choices too. If I'm not using a moisturizer with sunscreen I will apply a seperate sunscreen during the day. Neutrogena has some good drugstore options. There are many others to choose from. Find one that works with your skin type. Sunscreen is very important if you want to keep the good results you get from your skincare routine. Otherwise every product your using is for nothing. The suns rays affect you whether your driving, sitting near a window or anything you do outside. Use a sunsceen!! That's something I didn't start to do until I was 38 years old. Thats why I had so much damage to my skin.





After my moisturizer I sometimes use a mattifier like OC8 or Super Matte Anti-Shine and I always use a makeup primer. My favorites are Bare Essentuals Prime Time, Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and also Smashbox's new Light version.





That's it in the morning, Cleanse, serum, moisturizer, mattifier,( if your t-zone is oily), and primer.( if you wear makeup)





Evening:





Cleanse with the same cleansers as above.





For discoloration I use Olay Definity lotion first. Then I wait 20 minutes before I apply my Retin-A. I get my Retin-A from a pharmacy in Mexico because I use it for anti-aging and not acne. If you don't have acne your insurance won't cover it and a tube runs about $100.00. You don't need a prescription when you buy Retin-A from Mexico. One tube costs between $12.00 up to $28.00 depending on the strength you use. I use the lowest strength right now which costs me $12.00 a tube. Not all skin can take a prescription product so you might start with a retinol product from the drugstore first and work your way up. Neutrogena and Roc make good drugstore retinol products. Other ones to consider are Philosophy Help Me, about $45.00 or Alpha Hydrox Retinol ResQ, about $13.99. When you start a retin-a or retinol product start slow to see what your skin can handle. I started using it every 3 nights and then every other night. Finally my skin was able to handle it every night without extreme dryness and peeling. Retin-A does work much faster and better than retinol but some people can't handle the effects of Retin-A. That's why it's so important to start out slow. I don't know if we're allowed to post website addresses here so If you want to buy Retin-A the same way I do and hundreds of other women do I'll tell you what to google and then you can find the website. Google: Medsmex.com. There's also a site through Canada but it costs more: 4cornerspharmacy.com. It's not illegal to buy Retin-A this way without a pescription. You are allowed to purchase only whats necessary for personal use.That's the law. It will pass customs. I know you can buy at least 6 tubes of Retin-A at a time if you want. I only order 2 at a time. It takes from about 1 to 2 weeks to get it.





Some women use a moisturizer after a Retin-A or retinol product and some don't. It depends on your skin and if you feel you need one. I use a moisturizer after my Retin-A. I wait another 20 minutes to apply my moisturizer after my Retin-A. The reason you wait 20 minutes is for the Retin-A to absorb. After you cleanse you should also wait 20 minutes before applying Retin-A. By waiting you prevent excess dryness and irritation from the Retinol product.





After I moisturize I sometimes apply an eye cream but only if I have one around. I don't go out of my way to buy them because I believe eye creams aren't necessary. It's just another product they try to sell you. I use my regular skin care under my eyes. If I'm having a problem under my eyes with extreme dryness I will use a seperate eye cream otherwise I skip it. The Skinceuticals, Olay Definity, and Retin-A have done wonders for my under eye area which used to be lined and crepey looking.


One very important thing about skincare is this: Give it time to work. You usually won't see fabulous results, especially with retin-A for about 3 months. It's well worth the wait!!





Sorry this is so long. I'm just so happy my skin looks so good and when you find the right products for your skin you will be too. Please read Dr. Leslie Baumanns book. It's a wealth of honest information and she will give you advice on many skin care products that really work. Like I said before I've wasted so much money believing everything these skincare companies claim their product will do for your skin. She will recommend products in all price ranges from drugstore to high end that really work!! Just because a product is high end doesn't necessarily make it better.





Good luck with your skin!!!I am 33 years old and I am starting to see signs of aging what is the best skin care line for my age group and
i believe that avon sells


good skin products.


anew is a good product.


the results show when you don't give up.


the other products are costly. i am 62 so its to


late to be vain.


thanks laneyI am 33 years old and I am starting to see signs of aging what is the best skin care line for my age group and
Use the Galvanic Spa. It will remove and reduce fine lines and wrinkles in 8 minutes. I can prove this to you. Come to a demo party.
If you're out in the sun a lot then those lines can become


intense, use L'oreal night time wrinlke cream and a


moisturizer with Spf 15 or so whatever you do though! you have to daily wash your face with a face wash then tone


with a toner (alcohol free) and then always use a daytime


moisturizer. Almay and L'oreal products are good, and


also regular facial masks, at least one a week. I hope I


helped, these things I am saying to do, are the same things


I do and I am 56 years old. (Smile) I have to get busy.
olay definity-age defying cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin